I Don’t Carrot All What They Say – AKA: Carrot Soup
[ I n g r e d I e n t s ]
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 onion chopped
1 pound carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
¼ teaspoon harissa
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon caraway seeds, freshly ground
4 to 5 cups boiling filtered water
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 ½ cups arugula
[ m e t h o d ]
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat, add the onion and sauté until translucent
- Add the carrots and spices, and mix everything together so the mixture is coated with spices. (Go easy on harissa if too spicy is not your speed; this spice is hot)!
- Add the boiling filtered water and simmer for about 45 minutes, until carrots are al dente.
- Leave for 30 minutes for the flavors to mature.
- Transfer to a Vitamix and blend until smooth, adding salt to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the soup and swirl. Taste and add more, if desired.
- Throw in the fresh arugula for colour and bite.