Kumara & Mixed Bean Salad
This is a hearty and healthy salad packed with so much flavour and texture. The kumara and beans add a boost of protein, perfect to keep you fuller for longer. You can have this salad as a stand-alone meal, or as a side for any lunch or dinner dishes.
x 2 kumara cut into small pieces
1 Can of mixed beans, drained
2 cups Leafy greens, (i.e lettuce, silver beet, spinach or cabbage) cut finely
1 Onion, diced finely
Balsamic dressing 4 tablespoons
250g Streaky bacon.
Nuts and seeds to garnish
1. Peel & Chop up your sweet potatoe in to small bite size pieces.
2. Add to a pot of boiling water, for aproximately 10 minutes or until a fork can gently slide into kumara without mashing it. Set aside to cool, then add to the refrigerator.
3. Place your mixed beans, leafy greens & onions in a bowl, once the sweet potatoes have fully cooled, add them into the bowl also.
4. Toss ingredients through, and drizzle balsamic dressing on top.
This salad tastes amazing with some streaky bacon pieces crunched through it.
This beautiful vibrant super food salad is packed with lots of colour, textures and delicious flavours. The more colourful fruits and veggies you have in your meals – the more nutrients your body gets. Beetroot and carrots are high in fibre and antioxidants which boost your digestive system, and the seeds give you a good dose of vitamins. Making this the perfect salad to keep you energised and fuller for longer.
Serves 6 Time 15 minutes
2 Fresh beetroot peeled and grated or canned chopped
2 carrots, peeled and grated
¼ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup raisins cranberries or chopped dates
Handful fresh coriander leaves
75g feta to garnish
1. If using canned beets – Cut Beetroot into bite size pieces and set aside. If you have fresh beetroot peel and cut into small pieces and soak them in a bowl full of water full of water with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice. Let soak. Drain. Rinse. They’re ready to go.
2. In a bowl place grated carrot, toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, raisins and chopped coriander. Pour over Balsamic dressing and toss together. Carefully mix through the beetroot. Turn onto a serving platter. Garnish with crumbled feta.