BBQ Venison and Braised Cabbage Sandwich
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 20mins
1 tbsp dried oregano
Zest of a lemon
440 g venison steaks (Silver Fern Vension Steaks)
8 slices of ciabatta bread (or similar)
Horseradish cream cheese spread (recipe follows)
1. Combine the oregano and lemon zest on a plate
2. Rub the the oregano lemon mix onto the venison steaks and set aside
3. Heat BBQ or grill pan and cook the steak for 3 minutes on each side (or to your liking) and then set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
50 g butter
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ a savoy cabbage
Ground black pepper
1. Place butter, sugar, vinegar and salt in a medium – large pot.
2. Add cabbage and cracked pepper and toss over a medium heat for 10mins or until the cabbage is wilted and tender.
3. Stir regularly to mix through the melted butter, sugar and vinegar on the bottom of the pot.
Horseradish cream cheese
150 g cream cheese
1 tbsp horseradish cream
Juice of a lemon
1. Mix all ingredients together, season with salt and pepper.