WOOP’s Greek lamb with Roasties and a Capsicum, Bean and Feta Salad
600g Lamb steaks
1kg washed agria potatoes
1 red capsicum
300g green beans
For the tzatziki dressing:
150g natural yoghurt
50g of whole gherkins or cornichons
1 small clove of garlic
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
small bunch fresh mint leaves
1-2 tbsp of olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
For the pomegranate dressing:
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
½ tsp raw sugar
¼ tsp sumac powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan bake).
1. To make the roast vegetables: Peel and dice the potatoes into 3cm cubes. Place into a large pot and cover with cold water and add a tsp of salt. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling immediately reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 12 mins. Drain the potatoes into a colander and leave them to steam-dry for 1 min. Cut the capsicum in half and use a small knife to remove the seeds and stalk, then dice into 2 cm sized pieces. Place the potatoes and capsicum on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins.
2. To make the tzatziki dressing: Finely dice the garlic and the gherkin. Pick the mint leaves and finely slice. Combine with the remaining tzatziki ingredients in a bowl. Combine and season with salt and pepper.
3. To make the pomegranate dressing: In a bowl first whisk together the mustard, vinegar and sugar. Then add the pomegranate molasses and sumac. Now slowly add the olive oil a bit at a time and combine until finished. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To prepare the feta: Chop the feta into small cubes. Place into a bowl and coat with olive oil and season.
5. To prepare and cook the lamb steaks: Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Remove the lamb steaks from their packaging and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the lamb steaks into the pan and sear for 2-3 mins. Turn over using tongs and cook for a further 3-4 mins. Set aside and rest for 3 mins and season with salt. Slice the steaks into 2 cm thick slices.
6. To cook the beans: Bring a small pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Trim the ends off the green beans. Once the water is boiling add the beans and blanch for 2-3 mins. Drain. Add the pomegrante dressing and toss to combine.
To serve: Place the roasted potatoes and capsicum onto plates and top with lamb slices and dollop on the tzatziki dressing. Serve the green beans and top with crumbled feta.